Data Troll

Musings of a database designer, right-wing constitutional anarchist and overly idealistic schmuck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

A middle-aged database designer, specializing in Oracle. I have a teen-aged son and Chinese wife.

Friday, September 23, 2005

The marvelous kids of Uganda

It's hard to explain to someone who hasn't been there to understand what wonderful kids there are in the orphanages of Uganda. Despite the harsh lives they've had, they are polite, happy, and eminently decent children.

The picture below is what some kids, without consulting the house parents, produced toward the end of my visit. All I did was provide some medicine, fund a few small projects, and counsel a few of the older kids. Their spelling of my name is a bit off, but that's the tiniest of details that adds charm to it all. What can one say?

|