Data Troll

Musings of a database designer, right-wing constitutional anarchist and overly idealistic schmuck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

A middle-aged database designer, specializing in Oracle. I have a teen-aged son and Chinese wife.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Updates And Sheehan

I found a great t-shirt site, where you can design your own shirt; I'll include a picture of mine after I ride the Tube with it. Also, it looks like I was wrong and the Dems are putting away their brass knuckles on Roberts. Are they really dumb enough to think he won't be a constitution conservative once on the court? (Uhh, Guys; you're putting a lot of faith in his statements on recognizing 'settled law'. Who do you think establishes 'settled law'?) Actually, I'm convinced he put on such a show in his one-on-one meetings that I think they were terrified they had another 'Oliver North' on their hands. (Those of us old enough to remember those hearings know how thoroughly the Dems got roasted on their own BBQ grill.) They'll pull out all stops on Renquist's replacement instead; I betting Bush's nominee then will be a minority woman, with Renquist timing his retirement in time to be sure it falls into the '06 election cycle. What fun!

As for the Michael Moore 'grieving Mom' puppet outside of Crawford: You know, I might be a little more upset at the thugs who planted the bombs that killed her volunteer son than at Bush, if I were her. And I certainly would not humilate his comrades-in-arms and her own family by becoming such a ventriloquist's puppet. As for Bush's heart on the matter, read this. (I never thought I'd link to a Newsweek article!)

I am most upset by her absolute lack of regard for the results of her antics and her desired goal on the Iraqi people themselves; they are not 'potted plants' in all of this, Madam! Is this what she wants? Would you care to hear this opinion? The rest of the military moms will let her know what they think, though the Imperial News Media will only show the handful friendly to her, not the droves in strong disagreement with her. But what about the voices I lsted here; will she give them an answer?

|