Data Troll

Musings of a database designer, right-wing constitutional anarchist and overly idealistic schmuck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

A middle-aged database designer, specializing in Oracle. I have a teen-aged son and Chinese wife.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

My boy's decision (for now)

For those wondering about my son’s ‘marine’ decision. He actually was impressed with what the recruiter had to say and thought hard on it for several days. Finally, he decided to go to college for now and rethink it after that. Personally, I think that is the best decision; he has to have some significant surgery on his jaw (socket repair of a birth defect and synthetic ligament addition) just as he’s finishing up high school and that may have prevented him going immediately anyway. But I would have been proud if he decided to try for the service anyway.

My condolences to the families of Gyrenes who paid the ultimate sacrifice in the last couple of days; this war if far from over, but will be worth it for our children and grand-children.

|