Data Troll

Musings of a database designer, right-wing constitutional anarchist and overly idealistic schmuck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

A middle-aged database designer, specializing in Oracle. I have a teen-aged son and Chinese wife.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

America should humbled... and very proud

Despite the threat of substantial bloodshed and violence, over 60% of Iraqis went out to vote. Would we as Americans have the same level of bravery, in similar circumstances? I would like to think so, but I seriously doubt it. Yet America can be proud of the extreme bravery of her troops to help bring this about....and our Commander-in-Chief, in bucking all the 'conventional wisdom' in making today possible.

And, while the Iraqis proudly display their purple index finger (their pride in that being the biggest defeat of the terrorists), I watch certain MSM types and John Kerry. These bozos are trying to minimize this as a victory for democracy and an utter failure by the terrorists; I have a finger for them. Mine ain't purple-stained, but it is as emphatically displayed.

I'd have more to say, but I'll let the Iraqi blogs say it all and show it all. It's their show.

|