Data Troll

Musings of a database designer, right-wing constitutional anarchist and overly idealistic schmuck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

A middle-aged database designer, specializing in Oracle. I have a teen-aged son and Chinese wife.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Back Home; Roadwork is a Bitch!

Just got back to Texas; spent 7 of the last 8 months on the road as a consultant.
On this trip, I got the undivided attention of a drunken young lady. Normally, this might be flattering; but- in this case- it was delivered head-on, at a relative combined speed of 80 mph, and came in the form of 2 tons of automobile. To walk away from that required the seat belt, the airbag and using up a whole bunch of points with God. She had clipped a SUV with a small kid in it first; glad I caught the attention rather than the kid. I got a sprained big toe and recurring headaches, slowly fading from it. The drunk was lucky, too; neither of us stayed the night in the hospital.

|